Happy New Year! How did you celebrate? I kept it very low key. Nothing exciting at all. My sister came over with my nephew. We ate and watched TV. Then they left and I went to bed at 10pm. Felt great to go to bed early and wake up early the next day. 🙂
The other day I was thinking about things that I am excited about and looking forward to this year. There are a few but for now I am picking five of them. Here they are in no specific order or importance.
1. The Illinois Marathon. This will be my 9th marathon. My last marathon was the Chicago Marathon in October 2016 where I ended up with at 5:12:59 finish time. I am working with a coach to get me to the finish line in April. I am hoping to finally get a sub 5 finish time. My training is going well. Most of my runs have been “easy” and short (30 and 45 minutes). I know this will get my body ready for when I need to do hard and intense workouts. This week I ran “specific” miles (3 and 4 miles).
2. Rock ‘n’ Roll Races. In 2013 I ran 14 RnR races. While it was fun, it was also tiring and expensive. As a BibRave Ambassador, I have the chance to run again a couple of these races. I picked Washington DC, New Orleans, Chicago, Savannah, Denver, Las Vegas, Seattle, and San Diego. There is no guarantee that I will get selected for all of them but I’ll be happy with 2-3 races.
3. Moving to a new apartment or house. I’ve been living in the same apartment for about 8 years. When I moved here, I told myself that that would be the last time I would move. Wrong. My landlord told me to start looking for a new apartment because he wants to remodel the apartment and sell the building. Part of me wants to move to another apartment because it is just easier and less responsibilities. However, another part says it is time to buy a house. I’ve looked at a few houses and have not seen anything that I like. My goal is to move no later than March/April (assuming that the landlord gives me till then to move. What I am most excited about is the possibility of having a bigger bedroom than the one I have now! 🙂
4. Run a couple half marathons in new states. Currently I’ve completed 38 half marathons in different states. If I get picked for the RnR races (#2) then I will be adding Colorado and Georgia to my list. I am hoping to also add Delaware and Michigan.
5. BibRave Ambassador. I was selected for another year as an ambassador. I am happy and excited about it! I’ll have the chance to provide you with various product and race discounts. I will also have the opportunity to run various races throughout the year and try out different and new to me race products. I also hope to meet more Ambassadors whether in Chicago or from another state!
Anything exciting you are looking forward to this year?
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 2.0.