*Week #3, September 21-27
- PLAN – OFF
- ACTUAL – OFF and went to see podiatrist.
My feet don’t hurt as much as before but I have some horrible calluses that I cannot get rid of no matter how much I use my pumice stone. The podiatrist simply shaved it off. Definitely much better.
- PLAN – 4 miles
- ACTUAL – Did not run.
- PLAN – 6 miles (2 miles warmup, 6 x 400 @ 8:30 with 400 recovery in between,
1 mile cool down)
- ACTUAL – 2 miles @11:18, 6×400 @8:32 (walked 400 after each one), 1 mile @11.18. Total 6 miles @12:51 pace
I went to the gym to get this workout done. I did not want to go but didn’t want to miss another workout.
- PLAN- 4 miles
- ACTUAL- 3.04 miles @9:52 average pace
I met a friend for my weekly run with Fleet Feet Chicks Night. Ran faster than I wanted to but just went with the flow. It was a gorgeous evening for a run and it definitely felt like fall. Splits are:
- PLAN – OFF
- ACTUAL- OFF
- PLAN- 5 miles
- ACTUAL- Did not run.
I don’t think I’ve ever run on the day before a race. The weather was in the high 60s in the morning so ideally I should have gone out to run. Instead, I chose to sleep in and stay in bed. I’ve had to get up at 5am pretty much every Saturday since May so it felt good to wake up a bit later than that. I felt a little guilty for missing my run but then got over it. 🙂
In the afternoon I made my over downtown to pick up my packet for my race on Saturday, Chicago Half Marathon. The last time I ran this race was in 2009. I bought two tubes of Nuun (Kona Kola and Lemon-Lime). I almost bought another hydration belt from Fitletic but then realized that I have one that is still in good condition so don’t really need another one. Then I saw some really cute shirts from BAW (and I regret not taking any pictures) but my nephew talked me out of it by reminding me that I already have enough running shirts. So, I walked away with spending only $10. Not bad.
- PLAN- 13.1 miles
- ACTUAL- 13.23 miles @11.01 average pace
I was doing pretty good till mile 8 and then had a rough time towards the end. My goal was to bring down my average pace to 10:55 but definitely struggled. However, I am still pleased with how I did. Check out that huge medal! Splits are:
*Runs on treadmill are done on 1% incline.
- I cannot believe that in two weeks I will have finished running the Chicago Marathon!
- Still not sure on whether to run with or without my CamelBak. Today I ran without it and did fine without it.
- Today I ran half of a marathon. I was so glad when I was done. I was tired and sore and was wondering how in the world I can run another half marathon to complete a full marathon.