I cannot believe it is already Friday! And to think that we are halfway through the month. I am kind of excited and looking forward to another school.
I had an exciting week filled with good news and some fun and new running products.
- I woke up Monday morning to find out I wa selected to be a BibRave Pro Ambassador.
2. As an Ambassador, I have the chance to run the Chicago Half Marathon and 5k on September 24th (I signed up for the 5k). I would have signed up for the half marathon but I am running on marathon on September 3rd and I don’t think I’ll be ready for a half marathon.
If you would like to sign up, use BRCHI17 to get $15 off the half and $10 off the 5K.
3. Do you cringe when you see your running photos? I knew I was an underpronator but seeing pictures is just something else. I was worried that I was wearing the wrong shoes but my friends at Fleet Feet confirmed that I have the right shoes.
4. I love my Oiselle tops and purchased 8 new tops (and some new shorts). They’re gorgeous! And I love running shoes so I bought the new Revel from Brooks. I am supposed to get them today and can’t wait to run in them. I’ve read that they’re similar to the Launch which are the shoes I use.
There is a summer sale going on right now. You save 30% off already marked down stuff. Check it out!
5. Do you want to get paid to be healthy! Join Achievemint, connect apps, and start earning money. Use THIS LINK to join and we both get 250 points. For every 10,000 points you accumulate, you get $10. I’ve connected it to FitBit, Strava, and Garmin accounts and already made $10. Seriously, you have NOTHING to lose.
I’m linking up with Running on Happy and Fairytales and Fitness for Friday 2.0.
Congrats on becoming a Bib Rave Pro Ambassador! Very nice perk to be able to run the half or 5k. The tanks look very comfy! Looks like you are stocked up now. 🙂 Have a great weekend!
Thanks Megan! I have no self control and will probably end up buying more tanks.
Congrats on becoming a Bib Rave Pro! I’ll have to check out that app. I’m suspicious of “free money” but maybe it’s legit.
Thanks! Haha, I know what you mean but I did get money in my PayPal account.
I always cringe when I see my running photos yes. I usually look like I am dying in some way lol. Congrats on the bib rave that sounds fun
Thanks! Oh yeah, full body running photos are something else too. I rarely like my photos and I never buy them.
I’ll have to check out Achievement (once I get a new charger for my Garmin — it’s supposed to arrive today & it better.
I might have a little problem when it comes to running clothes . . . but I live in them, too.
Congrats on becoming a Bibrave Pro Ambassador!
Thanks! I hope you sign up with Achievement.
well, haven’t you just been quite the shopper this week!! I love buying workout clothes …it’s an addiction for sure!
Yes, I absolutely hate seeing pics of me running …I always look like I’m barely moving. Then again, maybe I am barely moving! lol
I need to stop buying so much stuff. Definitely not good for my credit card.
I cringe at my race photos, but not because of my pronation. I just don’t like my race photos, and only have 1 I’ve been happy with.
I need to buy another pair of Roga shorts, but I got sidetracked with the capris on sale.
I think I have 2 that I like. The long rogas are my favorite shorts for running. I want them in more colors.
Congratulations on the Bib Rave Pro ambassadorship! That sounds exciting!
I saw a friend rocking the Oiselle shorts and now I want a pair!!
Have an awesome weekend!
Thank you! I love the long roga shorts. I wear them on all of my runs.
I think that photo of your foot actually shows really great form. You are supposed to land on the outside of your foot and then roll through as you push off again. So it makes sense that you are in the right shoes!
You think so? I guess I was just thrown off because the camera just caught that moment as I was landing on outside of my foot.
Congrats on the ambassadorship! I’ve got to check out that Oiselle sale, I have a few of their tanks and love them. Achievemint looks interesting, will look into it!
Thank you! I need Oiselle to stop having so many sales so I don’t buy so much stuff. 🙂
I’ve had some icky race pics…and I have the opposite problem, I over-pronate. UGH, if it’s a pic towards the end of a long race (think marathon, for example), my legs are usually bent in very awkward positions depending on what “moment” they capture. But my face is usually smiling because I don’t feel anything different happening LOL
At least you are smiling! In most of my race photos I am huffing and puffing or in some kind of pain.
Im curious to hear what you think of the Revel! Im still on a hunt for the perfect running shoe.
I plan to run in them tomorrow (4 miles) and then hopefully a half marathon on Sunday.
Congrats on becoming a BibRave Pro! You’re going to have a lot of fun with this!