Disclaimer: I received a free entry to the Missoula Half Marathon as part of being a BibRave Pro. Learn more about becoming a BibRave Pro (ambassador), and check out BibRave.com to review, find and write race reviews!
I am excited to be planning my race calendar for next year. My knee is much better. I took a week off from running and ran a few times last week. It doesn’t hurt to run but do feel some stiffness. But overall it does feel so much better.
So far here is my list:
• Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans, February 10 – I’ve done this race before and have enjoyed it a lot. However, next year I don’t know if I will make it after all. My training hasn’t been going great. I am waiting to hear back from my coach to see if I can still make it or not.
• Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle 8K, March 24 – This is one of my favorite races! I love the distance and the location.
• Delaware Festival Marathon, April 28 – I am looking forward to running in a new state! Kim is the one who told me about it.
• Missoula Half Marathon, June 30 – Another race in a new state! This race is flat, fast, and point-to-point. The course looks so pretty! Check out the video below. If you want to sign up, use code BibRave19 to save $5 off your registration fee.
• Elmhurst 4 on the 4th, July 4 – This is another of my favorite races. I have done this a few times and always look forward to it.
• Kiawah Island Half Marathon, December 8 – Another new state! This will be my last race of the year.
So that is what I have so far on my list for next year. Any suggestions for a good race in GA, MI, ID, NM, KS, ND, SD, or WY?
Linking up with Marcia, Patti, and Erika for Tuesdays on the Run.
Looks like a nice lineup for you! Mine is just falling into place. I hate to plan too far in advance!
Thanks. I know what you mean. You never know what could happen that can impact your plans.
The New Orleans race has always been in my bucket list. It is such a foodie city that I feel like if I am visiting there I need to have a race set up…..haha.
It is a fun city for a race and then eat all of the food!!
Wow! You have an ambitious schedule for 2019! I have a suggestion for SD. Leading Ladies marathon (they also have a half) is an all-women race run in a beautiful canyon, mostly downhill, fantastic amenities, small, easy logistics, and it’s worth doing just to meet the race director. It was my absolute favorite marathon. I think it’s in August.
Thanks for the suggestion. I think that at one point that race was on my list. I will look into it.
Woohoo! Nice to see Kiawah and Delaware on your list 🙂 I was considering RnR New Orleans but I may try to push that one to 2020.
I am excited about those too. Saw yesterday that there was a sale on registration for the 12 days of Christmas.
You’ve got a great year planned so far. Missoula sounds fun but June is a no go for me. My all-time fave full and half marathons are in Grand Rapids Michigan in October. Cool weather, peak fall colors, flat course, it’s all good!
You had me at flat. I am also thinking about the Detroit Free Press Half Marathon. It is also in October.
Sounds like some good races. I have one on my calendar right now, and it’s in February. I don’t know if I want to train then for a spring race or wait until the fall? That’s a long time to go between races.
Where is your race?
Lots of fun races on there! I do not have much at all lined up for 2019. I have heard great things about Missoula!
Thanks. Yes, Missoula gets great reviews.
I just added three races to my 2019 calendar last week….it doesn’t take long to fill up those weekends 😉
I know, right? 🙂
You already have a fun schedule set up! I would love to run in New Orleans sometime
I hope you do cause it is fun!