Another month! I ran 76.83 miles in April. In April we had a variety of weather conditions – cold, warm, rainy, and snow. So crazy! So far April has been my highest mileage this year.
I am back to running 5 days a week. Well, not 💯 percent yet. I had 5 runs scheduled for this week. Would you believe that I skipped Wednesday’s run because of the rain. Ugh! It was pouring in the morning. I didn’t plan properly since I could have gone to the gym. 🤷🏻♀️ 🤦🏻♀️
I did 4 runs and 2 of them were awesome. The first one was on Thursday. I was up at 4:15 to get this done because I knew it was a longer run. I had to do 1.5 mile warmup, and 2 sets of 5×2 minutes, and 1 mile cool down. The first set had 90 seconds recovery and the second set had 60 seconds recovery. It wasn’t cold but it was very foggy. Each interval had to be done at a 10:01 pace. Did great but I definitely felt tired during the second set of intervals. I needed more than one minute to recover.
On Saturday I went to The Morton Arboretum to run 7 miles. It was my second time there (first time was last year on a field trip with my students) but first time for running. It is hilly but a gorgeous place to run. My plan was to run 7 miles and not worry about pace. I wasn’t sure exactly what to expect so I just wanted to run by feel. It was tough. I walked. I did feel tired but did really good even with the hills. My plan is to go there every Saturday for my long run.
I am planning the rest of my half marathons. I want to be done in June 2020. Below is what I still need to do.
* Montana-Missoula Half Marathon, July 2019
* Wyoming-Center of the Nation (Mainly Marathons), August 2019
* South Dakota-Center of the Nation (Mainly Marathons), August 2019
* North Dakota-Center of the Nation (Mainly Marathons), August 2019
* Michigan-Detroit Free Press/Chemical Bank Half Marathon, October 2019
* South Carolina-Kiawah Island Golf Resort Half Marathon, December 2019
* Georgia-Publix Atlanta Half Marathon-March 2020
* Kansas-Garmin Half Marathon, April 2020
* Idaho-Famous Idaho Potato Half Marathon, May 2020
* New Mexico-Run for the Zoo Half Marathon, May 2020 or Armed Forces Half Marathon, May 2020, or Santa Fe Thunder, September 2019
* Hawaii-Kona Half Marathon, June 2020
Notice the 3 in a row in August? I got the idea from another runner. She is also running a race in each state. She asked me which states I still had to do and then proceeded to tell me that I could run in WY, SD, and ND through Mainly Marathons. I checked it out and am in the process of planning logistics for those three races. Anyone wants to join me?
Linking up with Kim and Deborah for the Weekly Run Down.