Kim and I want to thank everyone again for linking up with us every week! We love reading your posts and comments. We love learning more about you and from you with each post. We may not respond right away (I finished reading Tuesday’s posts on Saturday and replied to comments on Sunday), but life happens and adulting is hard. 🙂
This week’s Tuesday Topic: What are your Winter weather running tips? You can write about this topic or feel free to post any running related blog post. Remember to Link-up with Kim and Zenaida! Visit at least two of the other linked posts – the more the merrier! Remember to come back for later linkers!
I will start off by mentioning that Wendy wrote a GREAT post on this topic. Read hers first. 🙂
It is not officially winter yet but last week we got snow and the weather dropped down to freezing cold. I ran one day and did not want to venture out the other days mostly because of the ice. Yes, I could have run at the gym but the thought of running on the treadmill, left me with NO desire to run at all. It is so weird how one summer I did almost all of my runs on the treadmill.
I know Winter will be officially here in a few weeks and I want to share some of my tips for Winter weather running:
• Layering with the right clothes. All of my running clothes are from Oiselle. Depending on how cold it is, I wear a short sleeve or tank followed by a long sleeve shirt and a jacket. I also love the wazzie wool top. Don’t overdress because even though you feel cold in the beginning, eventually you will warm up.
• The right gear. Definitely a hat and gloves (I like Super Puff Mittens and Power On Gloves). I also wear a gaiter to protect me from the wind.
• Hydrate. Just because it is cold does not mean you should not be drinking water while out on a run. <<That’s what I used to think. You can still dehydrate just like you would in the summer.
• Warm up. I wrote in this post that I never do any kind of warm up. I started working with a new coach and he told me I have to warm up before every single run. Now, I really have no choice. 🙂 Today I did a few dynamic workouts and I was hot before I went outside.
• If it is really cold out and/or icy, then run indoors. It isn’t worth falling (that is my fear). But if you “must”, then listen to your body and go indoors or home if needed.
• Skip the run. There is nothing wrong with staying home to catch up on a TV show or read a book. Maybe even take a nap?
Now let’s talk about the giveaway. My birthday is tomorrow. There will be one prize for a $47 gift card to one of the following online stores: Zappos, Dunkin’ Donuts, Running Warehouse, Amazon, or Starbucks.
Please use the Rafflecopter below to enter. This giveaway will run until November 26 at 11:59 pm. The winner will be selected on November 27th. The giveaway is open to US residents only. All entries are verified, so please be sure to complete them or a new, random winner will be selected. GOOD LUCK!!!
a Rafflecopter giveaway