• I understand the reason for cancelling the Tokyo Marathon but I still feel bad for everyone that was planning to go. The runners can defer to next year’s race but they would need to pay again. What?!?!? It reminds me of the 2007 Chicago Marathon that was cancelled while it was still going on and runners had to pay again to run the following year. What about the charity runners? They would need to raise money again? So many questions but I also understand runners being very upset about it. Updated: Check out the article: https://www.runnersworld.com/uk/news/a30867850/will-the-2020-tokyo-marathon-be-cancelled/
• My students do know how to make me smile. These are some of the gifts I received on Friday for Valentine’s Day. They’re truly the best!
• This was Friday afternoon after work. I knew it was cold and there was lots of ice. What I was not expecting is for the ice to be inside my car. Besides waiting, how does one get rid of that?
• Remember how last week I mentioned that I had left my iPad at the gym? Well, I also realized that I had left my water bottle. I love mine and was bummed that I had “lost” it. Well, I went to the gym on Sunday and my water bottle was there too. I am happy that someone was nice enough to turn in both items.
• Honestly, I am tired of going to the laundromat to do laundry. I’ve been doing this for almost 2 years and now am resenting it. I cannot wait till I buy a house and have my own washer and dryer. OK, enough complaining. At least I have access to them and can wash my clothes, right? I do love the smell of freshly washed clothes.
Wait, what? I didn’t know that the Tokyo marathon was cancelled! And no refund, not even a voucher for next year? That’s tough.
Nice that you got your water bottle back too!
Well not totally cancelled since elites can still participate.
Our washing machine (which is quite old) started to leak this week. Luckily Mr. Judy was able to fix it. Cause no way am I going to a Laundromat. I totally understand your disgust with that.
Oh yes, when we lived in VT sometimes my doors would freeze and I had to get into the car through my hatchback. A total pain! This was a good 30 years ago, before they had all the warming stuff they have now. I think all you can do then is wait.
I’m so out of it, I hadn’t hears about Tokyo. That does really suck. My SIL just left for a trip to Asia (not Japan, but Vietnam & Thailand I believe, and a few other countries My MIL is understandably worried about her.
It isn’t disgust but mostly tired of going. I live on the 2nd floor so going up and down the stairs is a hassle too.
Just think of all that extra fitness you’re getting. 🙂 Wouldn’t make me happy, though, that’s for sure.
That’s crazy about the ice on the inside of your car’s windshield. How long did it take to melt?
I had to go to a laundry mat last fall when my washing machine broke and I was waiting forever for it to get fixed. Anyway, I couldn’t figure out how to operate the “new fangled” washers and dryers in the laundry mat. The last time I’d been in one I had to insert quarters into a little holder on the top side of the machine and now they use pre-paid cards. LOL
I can’t remember how long but I had no choice but to wait for it to melt. The ones I use need quarters and dollar coins. The ones with pre-paid cards must be fancier.