This week I went back to work and it was tough! Even the kids struggled the past few days. Hopefully soon we’ll get back to our normal routine because we have lots of fun testing this month. Now on to my random thoughts.
• I love the smell and feel of freshly laundered clothes. I wash my clothes in cold water and love it when I take it out and it smells so clean. For the past couple of weeks I’ve been doing laundry at the laundromat and now I have my routine all set. At first I was annoyed that I had to do laundry there but now I don’t mind it too much. I go early in the morning when it isn’t crowded and am back home in less than an hour. I hang dry most of my stuff at home and rarely use the dryer.
• During the cold weather I always warm up my car before going anywhere. This article is telling me that I shouldn’t. Huh?
• I’ve been looking for a house to buy. I’ve seen a few but nothing has really stood out. I saw one last weekend that I liked a lot but wasn’t ready to make an offer (but could see myself in it). I mean, it is a HUGE commitment! Saturday night I got an email that someone else had put in an offer. I will admit that I was disappointed. But it is also my fault because instead of waiting, I should have made an offer right away. I just keep telling myself that there is the perfect one out there for me and I will find it.
• Google Gmail does a good job of filtering out spam email. About a month ago I entered my email address for a “free” tube of lash lengthening mascara. I then decided not to get it. Well, since then I’ve gotten so many spam emails. On average, in one day I see about 15-20 emails in my spam folder. Do these companies sell email addresses or what?
• My nephew graduates in May from Berkeley. I am planning to go to the graduation. and there will be a few of us going (his parents, siblings, and other family members from Mexico). I am looking into an AirBnB. Any suggestions on where to stay? I know it is cheaper in Berkeley/Oakland than in San Francisco. But I also know there is so much more to do in San Francisco.
• Are we becoming too lazy to write out all the letters in a word? I see “fave” for “favorite” and “recos” for “recommendations”. Is that really a thing? It irks me because my 2nd graders are always misspelling so many words and it drives me crazy.
What are some of your random thoughts today? Be sure to link up here so I can read about YOUR random thoughts! Or you can link up about something else.