My first post was on January 2, 2011. Oh boy. I’ve lost count on the number of times I’ve changed the name (and domains). I started with WordPress then went to Blogger and finally again back to WordPress. I think I am just going to leave it the way it is for now. 🙂 Originally I wanted to purchase the domain www.zenaida.com but it was over $2000.
So just a few things to point out that happened in those 5 years:
- Gained a few more years in teaching experience. Took math classes and received my math endorsement.
- Moved up to 2nd grade after teaching 1st grade for 4 years.
- Lost my beautiful cat, Princess in March 2011 but this summer adopted Lola.
- Went on an AMAZING trip for 3 weeks to Mexico, Ecuador and Peru in July 2011.
- Toured the Princeton University campus as part of my trip to run the Princeton Half Marathon. It is a gorgeous campus!
- Went whale watching, to Salem, and Hartford in August 2012.
- Did a Maine Lobstering Tour as part of my trip to run the Shipyard Old Port Half Marathon.
- I turned 40!
- Biked 25 miles in the Chicago L.A.T.E Ride.
- Ran the Illinois Marathon Relay with 3 other women.
- Completed my first Ragnar Chicago. Due to my school schedule I have yet to do another one.
- Completed 14 Rock ‘n’ Roll Half Marathons in 2013! I took a break for 2 years and am registered for 3 next year.
- Completed two ultra marathons, 2012 and 2014. For some weird reason I did not write a recap in 2012. I just noticed the pattern and it looks like I skip a year. Not sure if I will run this next year. But I guess you never know right?
- Got several PRs: Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile, 5/26/15, 1:41:56; Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle, 3/30/14, 48:38; Community Bank of Elmhurst 4 on the 4th, 7/4/14, 39:39; ING Hartford Half Marathon, 10/12/13, 2:17:01; Rock ‘n’ Roll New Orleans Marathon, 3/4/12, 5:16:53; Chicago Lakefront 50K, 3/31/12, 6:20:55; and Alivio y Salud Run for Health 5K, 5/21/11, 29:48. Many are OLD so I need to improve those.
- Completed the RunDisney Goofy Challenge, which is a half marathon and full marathon in 2 days. What an experience! And then went on to complete a few more Disney races that year. I know, CRAZY.
- Became an Ambassador for ZOOMA Chicago, Fort2Base, and Hammer Nutrition.
Some things I would like to accomplish next year are:
- Get a sub 2 half marathon and “officially” PR at the Chicago Marathon. As for #3, I need 3:45 to qualify. In two years I will need 3:55.
- PR in a 5K and 10K. It’s been years since I’ve run a race that distance and I am itching to know how I do.
- Run in at least 5 different states. So far I am registered to run in MI, but am looking at KS and WV. Also, I am going back to run in LA, WA, and NV.
- Post more often and get more involved in the running community. I’ve seen so many bloggers linking up with other bloggers to share posts. I enjoy reading them and am hoping I can do it as well. I don’t think it is something I can keep up with everyday but maybe 1 or 2 a week. A few I like are:
- Monday-Weekly Wrap
- Tuesday-Tuesdays on the Run
- Wednesday-Win it Wednesday or Wednesday Word
- Thursday-Thinking Out Loud
- Friday-Friday Five Link Up
- Run 2,016 miles with the Run this Year group. I’ve teamed up with Elizabeth to accomplish this goal.
- Stop comparing myself to other people.
- Work on my nutrition and do more strength training.
Thank you for reading! Now for the best part. I have some awesome and brand new gear around the house to bring you 5 days of giveaways. Yes, that is correct, 5 days of giveaways. Don’t miss it!!
I am planning to post reminders on my Instagram and Twitter accounts about the giveaways, but they will all be held HERE, on Zenaida.Net, so if you don’t already have the webpage in your favorites, you better do it now!
What are some of your goals for 2016?